[Oe List ...] Fwd: GMCA Update Oct. 20

David Zahrt via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Mon Oct 27 08:47:03 PDT 2014

*MON OCT 20** Sequasanta Lutheran Conference Center, Boswell to UMC Camp
Allegheny, Stoystown, PA*

I asked about the upcoming terrain last night. It was more hills
(mountains). I chose to ride the Gear truck again and Doug said Ok.  Anita,
from Ontario, also chose to ride. She has been riding her bike and chose
another option, like me, to riding in the mountains. On the way to the
campsite we stopped at the Memorial Park where Flight 93 crashed on 9/11. I
hadn’t paid attention to how the crash happened. The pilot and passengers
invaded the pilots’ room where the hijackers had taken over and brought the
plane down before it could make its scheduled crash on the World Trade
Center. They sacrificed their lives!

The campsite had a large auditorium with a kitchen and it also provided us
a cabin with 6 rooms. Each room had 6 bunk-beds. I put my sleeping bag out
on a mattress. Late afternoon we had a meeting to discuss proposed stops on
the March into WDC.

1.  Bangladesh Embassy

2.  Smithsonian Zoo

3.  Org. of American States

4.  Occupy DC near Freedom Park

On Nov 1 we start from Bethesda, MD and March to DC. In order to simplify
it and keep on schedule we decided to eliminate #3. There are volunteers to
research each location. We’ll have a report next Mon. The Conference Center
provided the evening meal. There were no locals beside the kitchen staff.
The Marchers had conversation with each other. After dinner, back at the
Cabin Lounge there was another meeting. It focused on the agenda for Nov
3-7 activities. I'm getting home to get busy in Nevada as soon as possible.
--
Peace, David