[Oe List ...] Fwd: GMCA Update Oct 09

David Zahrt via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Sat Oct 18 11:12:18 PDT 2014

*THU OCT 09* *Community Center, Newton Falls, to Unitarian Universalist
Church, Youngstown, OH*

It was another long day; 23 miles. Once again I found the route directions
confusing and probably rode at least 27miles. I like this information that
came out on EI/ICA about routes:        "My inconclusive travel plans" fits
me in OCT 2014....

I have been in many places, but I've never been in *Cahoots*.

Apparently, you can't go alone. You have to be in Cahoots with someone.

I've also never been in *Cognito*. I hear no one recognizes you there.

I have, however, been in *Sane*. They don't have an airport; you have to be
driven there.  I have made several trips there, thanks to my friends,
family and work.

I would like to go to *Conclusions*, but you have to jump.  I can make it
if it's not too high.  I have also been in *Doubt*. That can be a
confusing place to go.

I've been in *Flexible*, especially when it was very important to stand
firm.

Sometimes I'm in *Capable*, and I go there more often as I'm getting older.

Today the Marchers are meeting local folks at a river crossing and Marching
the last 2 miles to the Church. I had the option of Marching the 2 miles to
the river crossing and Marching back with them. I chose to remain in the
Church as a security person and help set up the tables and chairs for the
potluck dinner. I saw a number of signs along the road promoting a Citizen
Rights Bill for local communities. My understanding is that this allows
communities to ban Fracking in their community.

There were at least 40 locals at the potluck dinner. As the dinner
concluded they made a number of individual presentations about how their
environment is being usurped by the Fracking industry. We concluded at 8pm.
The locals stayed around and cleaned up the potluck. I couldn’t find a way
to help them. They knew where everything should go. I wish we had more
dedicated and active people in this country like these folks.
--
Peace, David