[Oe List ...] Fwd: GMCA Update Sept 29

David Zahrt via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Fri Oct 3 18:19:03 PDT 2014

*MON SEP 29* *Elmore to Fremont, OH*

Although it was announced that the March would leave at 9am I put the
stoves away and folded up the solar panels and hit the trail a little after
8am. The route from Elmore to Fremont was a trail. I think it’s meant to go
all the way across Ohio. I believe it’s the Trail we were directed to when
we left Montpelier. This portion of the trail is a blacktop surface at
least 7 foot wide. It’s nice to ride a trail. The walnuts and oak acorns
provided some bumps in the road. Once again it was foggy. I got to Fremont
in time to visit the bicycle shop. The side of the rim on the back tire is
splitting. The split allows the brakes to work but it makes the brakes go
bump, bump, bump. There is no air in the tire so I don’t have to worry
about a blow-out. The mechanic suggested that I continue to ride it.

Then I found my way to the library. I sent a journal to Lin and a note to
Shari, the secretary for the March in the Des Moines office. I’m
volunteering to drive the Gear truck from WDC to Des Moines. I’ll have to
wait and see what transpires. We’re staying in another Convent—Our Lady of
the Pines Retreat Center. They offered some rooms inside the Center. I
picked a room and took a shower. Before dinner we had a Toledo engineer,
one who was at the Saturday Protest/ Demonstration of BP in Toledo, give us
the technical details of fracking. From the details he gave it’s clear that
there are some who care nothing about the earth, its population, and the
future of all its species. Their only concern is accumulating income. The
dinner crew worked on dinner but the major part of it was donated by the
Retreat Center. There was nothing planned after dinner. I relaxed in my
room then went to bed.
--
Peace, David