[Oe List ...] Fwd: GMCA Update Sept. 28

David Zahrt via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Thu Oct 2 21:34:26 PDT 2014

*SUN SEP 28* *Toledo to Elmore, OH*

I went through the breakfast/lunch routine, packed up and was ready to go.
After breakfast I asked Sarah about the route. She had sent it out to the
Marcher list the night before. I had my phone connected to the Jetpack that
the March has procured to give the March constant connection to the
Internet. She sent it again while we were conversing, but it didn’t arrive.
Then she texted me and I got it. The email she sent didn’t arrive until I
got to Elmore and hooked up to a WiFi in a local restaurant.

We were informed that we were to get our trucks out of the parking lot by
8am. People were still bringing their luggage down from 4th floor of the
convent. The Gear truck was congested. When we had a workshop on the
Qualities we would like to see the March incorporate, I should have
contributed “being punctual”, or punctuality!

At dawn the atmosphere seemed clear, but by 8am the atmosphere was filled
with fog. On the way to Elmore there were times when it covered the sun. It
was like a white night. By the time I got to Elmore the fog was gone. We
camped in the park that Elmore has established as a memorial to their
Railroad Depot. It’s a relic. It even has the telegraph system intact. We
set up the kitchen in a tiny amphitheater. Most of the Marchers put up
their tents. I found a porch with a nice roof to sleep under. I sat under
the ‘kitchen’ amphitheater and did some journaling. The Marchers straggled
in. A local Toledo woman volunteered to serve dinner. Some Marchers helped
her get the meal ready. After dinner people were doing their own thing. I
went to bed.

--
Peace, David