[Oe List ...] Fwd: An Act of War

David Zahrt via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Wed Nov 19 12:09:45 PST 2014

You may be interested in Ed's take on the GMCA.  DZ

 Dear Friends,

After nearly nine months on the road, I arrived home last night with the
clear sense that the work of the Great March for Climate Action isn't even
close to done. Despite the beginnings of a shift in public opinion on the
urgency of the climate crisis, the fossil fuel industry continues to push
for further expansion of an insfrastructure that will condemn us to an
unsustainable rise in Earth's temperature. Today, those forces are at work
in the US Senate, pushing to authorize construction of the Keystone
Pipeline. *The vote is said to be extremely close, so please take a couple
minutes right now to call your Senators at (202) 224-3121
<%28202%29%20224-3121> and tell them to vote "No."*

<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=30012342&msgid=329086&act=P2RL&c=444693&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gatewaymarket.com>

Even as the fossil-fuel industry pushes to expand, the passion, energy and
collective wisdom of climate activists across the country grows and
matures. When Climate Marchers started out from the Port of Los Angeles on
March 1st, some of us called ourselves Climate Patriots. As we wrapped up
our transcontinental trek on November 1st, we felt we had become Climate
Warriors, with ample wounds and weariness to justify the title.

For me, though I have a long history as a peace activist, the warrior
metaphor makes sense, as we are fighting for our very survival. It makes
sense, too, to the Rosebud Sioux Tribe of South Dakota, who called the vote
in favor of Keystone in the U.S. House last Friday an act of war,
saying “We are outraged at the lack of intergovernmental cooperation. We
are a sovereign nation, and we are not being treated as such. We will close
our reservation borders to Keystone XL. Authorizing Keystone XL is an act
of war against our people.” Read the full article here
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=30012342&msgid=329086&act=P2RL&c=444693&destination=http%3A%2F%2Findiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com%2F2014%2F11%2F17%2Frosebud-sioux-tribe-calls-house-keystone-xl-passage-act-war-vows-legal-action-157878>
.

All across the country, climate warriors are standing up to the aggression
of fossil-fuel expansion and extraction. At Seneca Lake, New York. At Cove
Point, Maryland. At the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission in Washington,
DC. In Iowa to stop the proposed pipeline, where I will focus some of my
efforts.

And we'll continue to showcase the work of these and other climate warriors
on my talk show, the Fallon Forum. Please tune-in live tonight from
5:30-6:30 pm CST at www.fallonforum.com
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=30012342&msgid=329086&act=P2RL&c=444693&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fallonforum.com%2F>,
and
call-in at (855) 244-0077 to add your voice to the dialogue. For those of
you in north central and northeast Iowa, hear a rebroadcast of today's
program Wednesday on KHOI 89.1 (Ames) from 4:00-5:00 pm and KPVL 89.1
(Postville) from 7:00-8:00 pm. And thanks to the local businesses in Des
Moines that help make this program possible: Gateway Market and Cafe
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=30012342&msgid=329086&act=P2RL&c=444693&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gatewaymarket.com>,
Corazon Coffee Roasters
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=30012342&msgid=329086&act=P2RL&c=444693&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.corazoncoffeeroasters.com>,
and HoQ Restaurant
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=30012342&msgid=329086&act=P2RL&c=444693&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fhoqtable.com>
.

Thanks! - Ed Fallon

<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=30012342&msgid=329086&act=P2RL&c=444693&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fhoqtable.com%2F>

 This message was sent to 4deezee at gmail.com from:

Ed Fallon | fallonforum at gmail.com | The Fallon Forum | 735 19th St. #1 |
Des Moines, IA 50314

Email Marketing by [image: iContact - Try It Free!]
<http://www.icontact.com/a.pl/144186>
  Manage Your Subscription
<http://app.icontact.com/icp/mmail-mprofile.pl?r=30012342&l=15845&s=P2RL&m=329086&c=444693>

--