[Oe List ...] Fwd: GMCA Oct. 31

David Zahrt via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Tue Nov 18 18:30:39 PST 2014

*FRI OCT 31 **Stay-day at Church*

Breakfast happened at 8:30am. The Gear Truck was unloaded and all those
going to WDC put their gear in the new rental truck. The Kitchen Truck was
emptied and the refrigerator and water tanks placed on the Gear Truck. It
was such a complex job that it didn’t happen as scheduled. It was
mid-afternoon by the time we got everything packed. The only thing I packed
for WDC was my sleeping gear. The rest of my gear, including my bike, went
on the Gear Truck for Des Moines. Jimmy Betts and La La had become partners
during the course of the March.

Around 3pm, La La led a March closing ceremony that she had designed. The
ceremony was La La’s design so it was complex and intricate. Greg had
requested that the program include a song. He and I had a home-stay and he
heard me sing my revised version of *Yesterday* for our hosts. He is not a
singer but one who likes to be ‘on-stage’. So La La included the song in
the agenda.

As we finished the song Izzy walked in. He’d been gone for at least a
month. The room was very crowded and most were sitting on the floor, but
many got up to welcome him; usually with a big hug. As soon as it settled
down I suggested that our theme song needed to be *The Impossible Dream*
and sang it. I got Kai to join me. Initially  La La passed out to everyone
a sheet with their name on it. She had us arrange ourselves so that we were
joining each other. Then she had us pass our sheets around. When we got
another person’s sheet we were to write a word or phrase that best
described that person. When the exercise finished we got our own sheet
back. Here’s the list on my sheet:

·      Strong

·      Amazingly strong

·      Another example of old ain’t bad

·      Stoic

·      Wonderman

·      Wonderous and intrinsic

·      Surprising

·      Insightful

·      Smile

·      True to his heart, to love

·      Talented

·      Constant

·      Loves his bike

·      Steadfast

·      Torch carrier

·      Youthful wonder

·      Rock of the March

·      Graceful

·      Spontaneous

·      Recumbent

 After dinner Jimmy offered a computer slide show of the March. We had a
full work day and a good send out. Tomorrow will be our last day all
together.

--
Peace, David