[Oe List ...] Fwd: GMCA Oct. 29

David Zahrt via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Sun Nov 16 17:36:29 PST 2014

*WED OCT 29*  *All Saints Episc Ch, Frederick to Little Bennett Reg’l Park,
Clarksburg, MD*

A meal-prep crew has been hired to prepare meals for us as we approach WDC.
They will use all of the March’s food and equipment so we will be able to
return the kitchen truck to Avis Rental on Oct 31. We expect to get to
Bethesda tomorrow, Oct 30 and stay for 2 days to get the
transition—belongings out of the gear truck for those who plan to stay in
WDC the following week, and get the gear truck prepared to make its trip
back to Des Moines.

I arrived at camp at 11:30am. Since the back of the seat frame on my
recumbent had broken I borrowed JJ’s bike. I misjudged a curb. The front
tire didn’t go over the curb and I skidded and fell off in the direction I
was headed. I got several scratches on my hands and face. When Kim arrived
she helped me dress the wounds.

There was an All-camp meeting to discuss the plans for the Nov 1st March
from Bethesda to WDC and plans for the following week. Ed and the Board of
Directors have stated that the Great March concludes on Nov 1. Some of the
Marchers were not happy with that decision. They think the March should be
extended to the week after we arrive in WDC. And some of those have
proposed a week of civil disobedience. I remember the initial registration
form for the March indicated that the March would not participate in civil
disobedience. Ed has been absent from the March for at least 3 days. I’m
assuming that the planning didn’t go the way he thought it should go and
people weren’t listening to him. We assume that he will be on the March Nov
1 to WDC and make one of the presentations at Lafayette Park. The
discussion was interrupted for dinner, and then continued into the night.
--
Peace, David