[Oe List ...] All Saints Day now passed

Margaret Aiseayew via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Mon Nov 3 07:21:18 PST 2014

William Appelgate, one of our guardians and known to many of you.  I only
decided to add his name after Sunny added her mom who was personally known
to me and was truly a saint.

The fact of the matter is that we are all saints as well as sinners.  We
tend to focus on the latter and diminish ourselves and the wonder of
creation in the process.  At the Iowa In-gathering this weekend I had an
amazing encounter with a woman who told a wonderful story about how my
father had changed her life forever simply by honestly answering her
question at the end of a presentation he had done for Heifer International.
She spoke of the confidence and affirmation of her life his clear and simple
answer provided her as a 'new to the community' teacher.  She has never
forgotten him and the lesson of his response which shaped her life as an
educator.

Don't diminish, either in your lives, your relationship to yourself and
others, or in your relationship to the world and the ground of your being
your own sainthood.  You are always in the process of encouraging and
sustaining others (me) in being.

Margaret