[Oe List ...] Fwd: GMCA June 19-20

David Zahrt via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Thu Jun 26 16:12:48 PDT 2014

*Thu Jun 19*

When we got up this morning the storm had passed. I discovered that Marie
was making a shopping trip to Denver so I asked if she could stop at a Mac
App store and pick up the piece I needed for my charger.  She agreed to add
it to her shopping list.  When the Marchers set off, I got on my bike and
rode 17 miles to the next campsite. The route directions were not
completely accurate.  I stopped and asked for help several times.

I was in camp early enough to go to the Library where I used one of their
computers to catch up on my journaling.  When I got back to camp Marie had
arrived with the part needed for my charger and they had supplied it at no
cost. That makes it clear that the Apple Store and the Mac App store have a
completely different style of doing business.

After dinner there was a ‘city counciI’ meeting.  The main topic of
discussion was the practical details for taking The Great March for Climate
Action to NYC at the end of September to participate in the Peoples Climate
March.  They finally moved to have a sub-committee work out the practical
details and report back.

When I brushed my teeth my molar implant came loose.  I made arrangements
with Kim, our health resource person, to find some dental care.  I went to
bed expecting that I would need emergency dental care the next morning.

*Fri Jun 20*

In the morning my implant had settled down firmly so I am keeping my
fingers crossed.  We left Hudson, CO by 8 AM. I rode my bike. The route was
17 miles NE on a frontage road to I-76, which was paved for the first 11
miles. Then it turned into gravel complete with washboard and piles of
gravel so deep that I had to walk the bike. It was a difficult road.

Our campsite was at the Lions Club Park at Roggen. It had a 150 x 75 ft
building with a roof, concrete floor, and picnic tables. Before dinner Tom,
a participant in the Peace March in the 80’s, told us about the differences
between the Peace March, with 400+ people, and the Climate March that he
has experienced since joining us in Denver.

After dinner I got out my bass and the amp and did a trial run with Izzy on
his guitar.  I’m pleased that he thinks our music will work out.  It was
dark when I packed up my equipment.  It has to go in the gear truck but I
will wait till morning for that.
--
Peace, David