[Oe List ...] Fwd: GMCA June 17-18

David Zahrt via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Wed Jun 25 16:01:53 PDT 2014

*Tue Jun 17*

Sleeping in a bed and inside for two nights: wonderful! The Galls had
raised 4 children so Luke and I had our own bedrooms. Actually Luke must
have been intoxicated.  He slept on the couch in the living room even
though Jean had asked him not to.  I took an early morning tub bath.  When
I asked about the laundry, Jean took me to the basement and put the laundry
in.  She returned to the kitchen and I sat in the dining room just off the
kitchen. Eventually she sat at the dining room table with me and continued
to ask about the March community.  She was upset that Luke had slept on the
living room couch overnight.  She had showed him his bedroom and told him
that she didn’t want him sleeping on the couch.  I indicated that was one
of the issues I found in the March community: that the younger generation
did what they preferred and didn’t listen to requests from the larger
community.

After breakfast we discussed plans for the day. Luke borrowed a bike and
rode into downtown Denver (we were about 15 min, by auto, E of downtown on
26th St).  Duane helped me schedule an appointment with the Apple Store at
Cherry Mall. I went in the afternoon but the Apple Store couldn’t/wouldn’t
help me fix my charger.  My Laptop is 10 years old and they don’t service
that kind of computer! They referred me to a Mac App shop in Englewood, but
the Galls couldn’t work it into the schedule.  Jean cooked a picnic dinner
and we went to the Botanical Garden. We got back home by 9 PM, and there
was my electric bass that Lin had Fedexed to Mark, who brought it to me.  We
packed lunch and belongings for tomorrow and went to bed.

*Wed Jun 18*

We got up at 6, had breakfast, packed the car, and got over to the Mercury
Café a little after 7.  Duane and Jean dropped us off, said goodbye, and
left to fulfill family obligations.  Those who had their home-stay in
Boulder were a little late.  Once the gear truck was loaded the Marchers
reviewed the route that went past a refinery, received masks, and left.
 This was the day I planned to begin riding my bike, which was on John J’s
trailer parked in a nearby Farmers Market lot.  I got my bike and caught up
with the Marchers at the refinery.  They paused there and demonstrated
against the refinery with signs they had created before we left Denver.  I
continued on the route because I didn’t have any sign.

It was a 15-mile ride to a high school.  We were told to camp on the soccer
field.  In the middle of the afternoon we had a thunder shower with hail.
It stopped and we got our tents up. Then it started again. It showered,
hailed, and there was a strong wind. I have been sleeping in the big
9-person tent. I was in it to get out of the weather when it blew down.
Once we put it up again there began to be a puddle of water on the floor.
Zach, a young Marcher who joined us in Denver, indicated he had a 2-person
tent and invited me to stay with him.  I immediately took him up on the
offer.  The cooks moved the meal prep inside the food truck.  We ate dinner
in the rain.  After we ate it was still thundering and showering. Then the
irrigation sprinklers for the soccer field came on.  There were a lot of
people that moved their tents.  I, for one, slept in a very moist sleeping
bag!

--
Peace, David