[Oe List ...] Fwd: GMCA Update June 9

David Zahrt via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Tue Jun 10 21:31:36 PDT 2014

*Mon Jun 9*—As usual we ate breakfast, packed our lunch, packed the trucks,
and sang the Thank You song to CB who has assisted us since Taos, NM and
soon will be leaving us.  It was sung as a Round.

Dear friend, dear friend

Shall we tell you how we feel?

You have given us such pleasure.

We love you so; we love you so.

Then the route was reviewed, announcements made, and the Marchers set off.
We drivers restored the barbwire fence and took the vehicles to Florence to
get gas. We waited at the Coyote Café until Sarah could confirm our next
campsite; an RV Park south of Colorado Springs on Hwy 115. We were directed
to the campsite in early afternoon.

I’ve been told that Ethan plans to return to the March when we get to
Colorado Springs. He likes to drive the Gear truck. There are so many
practical and technical details to get from one campsite to another that I
would appreciate having the option of driving the Gear truck or Marching.

On this trek I’ve discovered that there is a completely new daily routine
from what I had at home to get all of my belongings packed up, tend to my
health, and be able to find my equipment when I need it.  I have my name on
everything.  Many of the younger Marchers leave their belongings--shoes,
socks, duffle bags, blankets, etc. around, so when it’s time to leave,
their stuff sometimes goes in the Lost-and-Found.

The newly elected City Council had its first meeting.  I sat in and found
it difficult to hear the conversation.  One of the topics was resolving
issues that come to the Judicial Panel.  Another was the continued
conversation on the possibility of some Marchers joining the People’s
Climate March in NYC in Sept.  There were several new Marchers that have
joined us. They plan to March with us for a short time.

--
Peace, David