[Oe List ...] Plane Crash in Ukraine

Jim & OliveAnn Slotta via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Fri Jul 18 16:21:18 PDT 2014

Colleagues,

Our daughter-in-law, Lisa Butler (son Jim Slotta's wife) is an HIV/
AIDS researcher. She is already in Australia, preparing for the
International AIDS Conference to which over 100 of the Malaysian
Flight MH17 passengers were heading. To add to this tragedy, these
were among the most experienced researchers in the field and this
tragedy will significantly set back the work to arrest that disease.
These people were her colleagues in the field. We are grateful that
Lisa flew from South Africa and not from her home in Canada, and so
was not on that particular plane. We grieve for the loss to the world
community as well as for their families.

OliveAnn Slotta