[Oe List ...] [Dialogue] death of Charles Moore

Terry Bergdall via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Thu Jul 3 06:49:51 PDT 2014

Charles was a complex and insightful man. His short "new world spin"
telling the story of being seated next to an fragile elderly black
gentlemen on an airplane, and then being asked to assist his on a trip to
the toilet, remains one of the most powerful statements that I've heard
heard about the spirit journey of responding to issues of social justice.
It was all there, consistent with my experience once he called attention to
it: abstract passion, occasional resentment, the ultimate joy of engagement
(which at times, if one stops to think too much about it, reveals an
absurdity within it all). Charles was not a man to forget then, nor now.