[Oe List ...] Fwd: GMCA July5

David Zahrt via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Tue Jul 8 18:06:34 PDT 2014

*SAT Jul 05*

I was given the breakfast prep assignment for a week. That means getting up
at 4 AM.  It was dark so I wore a headlamp.  I had already set up the
stoves and the tables the night before.  I turned on the stoves to heat
water and set out the coffee and tea prep, the lunch prep materials and the
breakfast cereal.  I must have gotten up early because Lala didn’t do Wake
Up until 5:15.  Ed Fallon has written a song about the March.  There’s a
line in the chorus that says…”get your lazy ass out of bed…”

I rode John J’s bicycle to Karrer Park, on the east side of McCook, NE
another 15 mile day. It was better on my tailbone but it required using a
different set of muscles from riding the recumbent. The route was mostly
flat so it was not a problem.  I did some jounaling and set up the solar
panel and the big tent.  In the afternoon Chris, the CO coordinator,
conducted a repeat of the ‘Discover the Best of What Is’ session we had
done 2 days ago. There were 5 new participants. I found the process
unhelpful. We spent and hour and ½ and I couldn’t identify how we would
benefit from the end product or what we would do with it.

During dinner the group made plans to visit the RR station first thing
after breakfast tomorrow and demonstrate against the railroad hauling oil
tankers.  As I understood it, it was an attempt to join 350.org’s protest.
 I went to bed early because I had 4 AM breakfast/lunch set-up again.  We
hadn’t observed the sprinkler system for the park.  At midnight the
sprinklers went off. Our tent, the big tent, and many others, got wet.

--
Peace, David

--
Peace, David