[Oe List ...] Fwd: GMCA June 28-29

David Zahrt via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Thu Jul 3 17:00:07 PDT 2014

*SAT Jun 28*

On Friday night, we had an early dinner and then scooted to the church to
avoid the lightening, wind and thundershowers. I saw no indication that
there was a camp meeting scheduled so I went downstairs where I could have
a table and an outlet for my computer and did some journaling.  When I came
upstairs to the auditorium I discovered a camp meeting in progress. The
issue was financing the March. There is approximately $14,000 in the bank.
 It seems the March will cease when it runs out of money.  Currently there
is no source of additional income.  Some were uncomfortable with Ed Fallon
being the chair of the non-profit organization that is sponsoring the
March.  The board is currently making decisions about how the money is
spent.  The drift of the conversation seemed to be that we should have
Marchers on the board and replace Ed as the chair.  I was not able to
follow the discussion and determine what difference that would make.  The
group broke up about 9:30 with a resolution to form a group to talk with Ed
about the issue.

I slept in the church as did most, but I left my clothes bag in the tent.
The bag, and everything in it was damp in the morning.  After breakfast
cleanup we circled up, had announcements, and got the route information—19
miles east on Hwy 34.  Some still had tents that needed to be taken down
and packed on the Gear truck.  There were several people over at the church
vacuuming and straightening up.  The route was clear, it was time to go, so
I got on my bike and started east on Hwy 34.  I left about 7:15 and arrived
at the campsite about 10:30. The campsite is an Auction House along Hwy 34.
It is not near a town so there are no amenities.

*SUN Jun 29*

After we circled-up I got on my bike and rode off because I now have
texting on my phone.  The route is sent every morning as a text-message.
 We continued east on Hwy 34 for another 19 miles. Faith, one of our
19-year old Marchers, rode a bike today without a helmet and reflective
vest.  She always kept out in front of me.  Although there are some uphill
slopes we are basically descending in altitude.

There were several things we used to symbolize the border crossing:

1)  The campsite was chosen to be a mile and ½ from the Colorado-Nebraska
border.

2)  We set our tents up in a circle facing into the circle.

3)  We set the wakeup time for 4am

4)  We chose to remain silent until we crossed the border

5)  We would set up a gateway that everyone would pass through

6)  We could choose to verbalize our intent for being on the March.

We also agreed to authorize Jeffrey and John A. to have a conversation with
Ed.

Peace, David