[Oe List ...] Fwd: GMCA June 27

David Zahrt via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Wed Jul 2 21:59:47 PDT 2014

*FRI Jun 27*

It was a Rest Day In Yuma, CO.  We had French toast for breakfast. After
breakfast cleanup we had some time before a camp meeting began.  We started
at 10:30 and spent ‘til noon working on a statement using Chris’ model of the
5-D Cycle of Appreciative Inquiry.

1.    DESIGN—co-creating what will be

2.    DESTINY—living and sustaining the change

3.    DEFINE—what to learn about; create the inquiry process

4.    DISCOVER—the best of what is

5.    DREAM—visualizing what could be

I think Chris, the Colorado logistics coordinator, kept us focused on what
I would call a mission statement. We went over and over the statement.
Chris was not ready to get a consensus.  At one point I suggested that we
move ahead to the next step and come back to the statement we had created
to evaluate it and add to it if need be.  This was because I think it was a
waste of time since we’ve already had this group conversation and created a
mission statement.

After the meeting I got John J to help me mend the bike seat. Then I
collected all that had gotten damp in the tent and hung my clothes up to
dry.  I had lunch and went to the library to use the computer and WiFi.  I
came back took my clothes off the line. By 4:30 it was thundering. We had
an early dinner and as soon as it began to sprinkle, I got my sleeping gear
over to the church.  There was no further camp meeting so I caught up on my
journaling and went to sleep in the church.

Peace, David