[Oe List ...] Wayne

LAURELCG at aol.com LAURELCG at aol.com
Tue Jan 28 05:56:08 PST 2014

Thanks for sharing your dream, Margaret. The Order community has been the
setting for so many of my dreams. Architecture and ritual are important
parts of  spiritual community on this plane. So are story telling, laughter and
the  tears many of us are shedding as we read on another's remembrances of
Wayne.

I'm grateful to everyone who is sharing on this string. Loved Gordon's
questions and Sarah's poem.

Wayne, Catherine Whitney and I served as the Emerging Generation staff with
 Alice Baumbach as our able prior in 5th City in 1972, two 30-somethings
and  two lively 20-something "kids". For the community Easter celebration
Wayne and  Catherine wrote a pageant and coached the children to act it out in
the Great Hall, with all the saints as witness. At the end, JWM gave it high
 praise. As I recall, he said, "This is real art and served our community
as art  is supposed to do." We and all our children glowed at that, as you
can  imagine.

The song for the last supper scene has sustained me for 42 years. We
buried my mother's ashes in Floydada, Texas, on July 1, 2012, her  100th birthay.
It was a Sunday, and our family shared the Lord's Supper at  the graveside,
during which I sang Wayne and Catherine's song, to the  tune of "Blowing in
the Wind."

This is my body, I give unto you.
It's broken, that's the way that life is real.
And this is my blood that is spilled out for you.
It's given, that's the way that life is real.

Eat this bread and drink this cup,
And you shall have eternal life.
For brokenness is givenness, and givenness is good,
And it's a joy to know the truth about your life.

Wayne's whole life was a work of real art and served the world as art is
supposed to do.

Love and blessings,
Jann McGuire

In a message dated 1/27/2014 12:38:17 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,