[Oe List ...] Wayne Nelson

the telfords thetelfords at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 00:59:07 PST 2014

Dear Colleagues
Wayne was a great spirit man!
Wayne & Jo followed us at Murrin Bridge HDP in 1981, after we went off to
Hong Kong. During the three years they were living in that community Wayne
mentored a number of the youth, instilling in them the belief that they
could do anything. One of those in particular, Craig Cromelin is now one of
the pillars in the Murrin Bridge community and has represented the
south-western region of NSW on the NSW Aboriginal Land Council for several
years now. Then this last year he became the Chairperson of the Council. He
quite often stays overnight with us on his way from Murrin Bridge to Sydney
when he is going to Council meetings. He has also represented the Council
at forums of the UN on 'The Rights of Indigenous Peoples' in both new York
and Geneva. He always gives credit to Wayne for the guidance he received
from him.

And we know that of course it was a team effort by Wayne & Jo and other
staff who were in Murrin Bridge at the time, but today we are acknowledging
this legacy of Wayne's care & passion. We are sure his spirit will live on
in the lives of many whom he touched.

Our love goes out to Jo and the boys and their family as they celebrate
Wayne's life.

Grace & Peace
John & Elaine