[Oe List ...] Ed Shinn in his own words

via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Tue Dec 2 21:53:59 PST 2014

My profound thanks for this video, Michael, a last visit before Ed's release into freedom.

When Ed and Mimi left Richgrove in the early 80's, they lived here in Lindsay for a few weeks until they got their bearings. It was such a privilege to be their neighbor as they struggled to plot their next steps. I've been full of wonder as I've heard from them and others from time to time of their work since then.

Ed called to express his love and concern when my husband Fred was very ill - too ill and disoriented to talk, but his face lit up when he heard Ed's voice. It pleases me to imagine they're having a great conversation now, punctuated by good laughs.

My love to Mimi, Mark, Rachel and Nate, and prayers for their consolation.

Jann McGuire