[Oe List ...] Presbyterian Hunger Program Post article re Ferguson--Advent

Ellie Stock via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Wed Dec 10 11:03:27 PST 2014

Dear ICA/OE Friends,

Below is a link to the Presbyterian Hunger Program publication of the Presbyterian Church (USA), this one focusing on Advent.   They asked me to write an article related to Ferguson.  It is on PP 1 and 9.

Also, on p. 4 is an article related to climate change/environmental issues in Peru with which I have been working and the trip/meetings in which our daughter, Chenoa, who works in Bolivia, is now participating related to the UN climate change summit in Lima.

Thanks for your prayers for Ferguson.  Almost all of the boarded up businesses and other buildings are painted with colorful murals, Christmas and other designs.  I plan to take pictures of them this week.  While sporadic demonstrations sustain a continued reminder of the issues that need to addressed in Ferguson and elsewhere, many groups in Ferguson, whose work is not covered by the media, are meeting separately and collaboratively to address underlying contradictions and work towards a new Ferguson and St. Louis--hopeful seeds which long to bear fruit.

Advent and Christmas blessings.

Ellie
elliestock at aol.com

The PHP Post is posted online at:http://www.pcusa.org/resource/phppostadvent2014/.