[Oe List ...] They Say It's Your Birthday

Gordon Harper via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Mon Dec 1 11:34:14 PST 2014

Whether that's true or not, it makes a good excuse for a greeting.  In case
it is, Happy Birthday, Joe!

I still recall celebrating your 60th birthday in Maliwada.  Recognizing the
challenge that replication assignment was for all of us, I was impacted in
that event that you were doing what you were in such a setting and at what
seemed to me then to be a pretty advanced age.

Our perceptions of what constitutes an advanced age do change as we pass
our own milestones on the journey.  Along with Molly Shaw, I just finished
eight days of ICA ToP training here in Seattle for Boeing; at age 78, I
find myself in some amazement at still loving (and being able to respond
to) such opportunities.

Given that I seem to recall your having about a sixteen year head start on
me, the mind boggles trying to imagine what you may have been up to this
past year that we join you in celebrating today.  Knowing you, however, my
suspicions are that whatever that was, it brought healing and delight to
the lives you touched.

So, we celebrate your being here, Joe, with Being itself in history--and
for all of us having had the chance to mix our own wonder filled lives with
yours --

Gordon