[Oe List ...] Fwd: GMCA Aug 17

David Zahrt via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Fri Aug 22 10:54:56 PDT 2014

*SUN AUG 17*  *Brooklyn to Ladora, IA*

We got up late. I helped pack up the kitchen then left for Ladora and found
there are no public facilities. The only gas station in town is closed and
For Sale. Our campsite was the Soccer Field. It had restrooms and a giant
shed with walls on the east and west sides. I also discovered that the
trucks had not arrived.

Gavain is running his truck on vegetable oil--a bio-diesel truck. It
alternatively burns diesel if need be. We’ve labeled it the commode truck.
It had a leak in the fuel system that has damaged the engine. JJ’s pickup,
the Gear truck, and the Kitchen Truck all stayed behind to help find the
means needed to repair the truck. Gavain has been with the March pulling
the Commode since Lincoln, NE. He had fuel line troubles that he, and some
of the Marchers repaired shortly before we reached Des Moines last Monday.
When the vehicles finally arrived (minus the Gavain’s truck) the Kitchen
Truck was pulling the Commode trailer. We've rented the Kitchen Truck from
U-Haul and by contract the only trailer they’ll allow us to pull is a
U-Haul trailer. It will be interesting to see how we work this out.  (*Photo
of bio-diesel truck and commode, below.)*

There were 2 meetings in the afternoon. The first was a phone conference
with our WDC coordinator to begin the conversation on how and what we do
when we reach DC. We arrive on Saturday, Nov 1, but no one is in the office
on Saturday. And the following week all of the legislators will be in their
home states. We have some work to do!  Later on there was a meeting to
evaluate the Des Moines Rally. The reflection on the Rally was designed to
further enhance future rallies. After dinner Bernice told her life story.

[image: Inline image 1]

--
Peace, David