[Oe List ...] Fwd: GMCA August 7

David Zahrt via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Wed Aug 13 18:16:36 PDT 2014

*THU AUG 07*—*Bridgewater to Greenfield, IA*

It was foggy and misty. As soon as the circle-up was done I left for
Greenfield. I think I rode the road on RAGBRAI one year (2009?). I remember
I stayed at The Brass Lantern B&B on that ride and that Marty & Terry Moore
were the innkeepers. When I stopped at Casey’s for cocoa I phoned them.
Marty answered the phone and we re-established acquaintance. I indicated I
wanted to stop and see them. I came through town and stopped at the
Presbyterian Church where we were camping that night. Then I went through
town another 1 ½  miles to The Brass Lantern. The mist had turned into a
steady light rain. I almost turned around but I decided I wanted to make
the contact. We had an extended conversation that both reminisced and
anticipated the future. Marty is the Chair of the IA B&B Assn. She has
ceased publishing a statewide flyer and has gone to using the Internet.

I rode back to the Presbyterian Church. They allowed us to use the basement
auditorium/kitchen. There were several meetings held. One was focused on
future events—Des Moines and Chicago. Gavain suggested that we blockade the
L-train in downtown Chicago to bring attention to ‘big business’ in
downtown Chicago.  I think that is not the way to go because it could
appear that we are against public transportation. The dinner was informal
so Izzy, Luke, Gavain (on the Cello), and I practiced a song that Izzy’s
daughter has written to tell Obama to stop the KXL.
--
Peace, David