[Oe List ...] Fwd: GMCA July 30

David Zahrt via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Tue Aug 5 21:13:09 PDT 2014

*WED Jul 30*

My cousin Patty found out that we could visit her Aunt Vivian before noon.
It was delightful to see someone who used to live in Turin, IA with us.
Vivian, at 96 years old, is so interested in everything that is going on.
We spent an hour and ½ with her.  Then we picked up Joan and went to lunch.
After lunch we rested at Joan’s house until it was time to meet the
marchers at the campsite. The March planned to go 3.5 miles to the
footbridge across the Missouri River.  The Rally started at 5 PM. The
McClains met us at the Rally.  I also met two people who had stayed at our
B&B and attended the Loess Hills Prairie Seminar (LHPS)—David Osterberg and
Mary ?. The McClains said “Goodbye” half way across the Bridge because they
were headed home and wanted to get to Kansas City before midnight. Joan
marched into Iowa with me, said “Goodbye” and returned to Omaha with some
friends.

When we reached Iowa, pizza was delivered for the Marchers. We had a pizza
dinner and marched another 2.5 miles to Thomas Jefferson High School in
Council Bluffs. Once we arrived at the HS we had to set up our campsite. I
decided to sleep out on the sidewalk. Overnight there was a heavy dew so my
sleeping bag was wet the next morning.  But, my stay in Omaha was
marvelous. I was astounded, and delighted that Joan hosted me.  I felt at
home with her.  She helped me with my shopping, my laundry, and getting to
meet-up with Whitemans and visit their new abode. She gave me a chance to
catch-up with all the things she’s done since we shared the Rochester House
in 1970-71. It made my stay in Omaha very special.

--
Peace, David

--
Peace, David