[Oe List ...] Invitation to google Archives project Spring 2014

Sojourn 2014 gapgreenrise at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 13:36:06 PDT 2014

We want to invite your participation in the Global Archives Project Spring
Sojourn, beginning April 28 & ending May 9, 2014!

We've  expanded the ways to participate - either in Chicago or on your home
computer screen.

Please click the link below and tell us:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/19ohmYMiiXfM6ajcJ2DsCIlEjOyPKAZH550pheGjtMro/viewform

What's a topic we should work on at the Sojourn and make a Collection -
especially one where you have some experience to share
Can one of the Collection working groups email or phone you and ask for
insights or help?
Should we send you an event schedule of Live On-Air YouTube broadcasts?
If you are participating in person, should we send you a room reservation
for Chicago GreenRise building housing?

Please click the link above and share your preferences, we will share
Spring Sojourn information with you.

Jack Gilles and Beret Griffith,
For the ICA Global Archives Project

Global Archives Project (GAP) Background & Forward Direction
The Archive project began years ago.
There are currently four areas in which work is going on:

I – Accessioning: Preserving materials & indexing them in a database.
II - Collections: Making key aspects of ICA's historical work available
online.
III - Global Research: Designing and launching the first Virtual Global
Research Assembly (VGRA) later this year.
IV - Network Outreach: Collections will be available to anyone; the VGRA
will target specific communities  around the world to invite conversations
and collaborations.