[Oe List ...] Salmon: Special Announcement

William Salmon wsalmon at cox.net
Tue Apr 8 19:11:51 PDT 2014

Colleagues --
    As this is my 80th year (April 20, 1934), I've planned to have my memorial on Saturday, July 26 and Sunday, July 27th. I want to be there to enjoy it. I've told our daughters that after I'm gone they can plan something that is meaningful to them; this is My Memorial. Attached is something of the rationale in a short article on, "Making Death My Friend." Also attached is a brief outline of the two events scheduled for Saturday, July 26th (at a downtown venue) and Sunday, July 27th at Trinity United Methodist Church. Both events are in the afternoon, although starting at different times. Finally, my plans are gelling very well.
    In seeking to reserve rooms for those out-of-town people who may attend, I ran into the information that (in my honor--of course) there is a 1,000 old restored car auto show in the park that weekend.
    I finally found 7 rooms: King sized bed suites for $79.00 a night at the following:
    AmericINN
    (Just West of the Ramada and nearer the Interstate)
    785-826-1711
    Ask for the "Salmon Rate"
    July 26 and 27th
    The catch is that reservations need to be made on--or prior to--June 25th.
      It will be a special treat for me if it be the case you can attend. Otherwise, send a card--or note; a story would be the best.

    I'm still teaching as a Para-Educator at Salina Central High School in the Special Education Department. I really love it. In some ways, this second vocation is easier to do since the local church ministry has crabs. (OK. OK) I find nothing but support and appreciation in the school venue.
    Perhaps, when you come to Salina--on whatever pretext that may be--I'll share with you some of the miracle stories.
    Inner Peace,
    Bill