[Oe List ...] When Two Prayers Meet

LAURELCG at aol.com LAURELCG at aol.com
Sat Sep 28 10:39:17 PDT 2013

I love this story, Jack. Bendiciones at todos. The prayers continue.

Jann McGuire

In a message dated 9/28/2013 8:07:21 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
jackcgilles at gmail.com writes:

Dear  Colleagues,

My recovery will take several weeks. I will not be engaging  in any
missional activity until I am back to normal.

I promised more  details on our situation, so here is a story.

After about 10 days of  rest at the Scotts after my hospital stay I was
ready to come home, mostly  emotionally and spiritually. But I knew I was not
capable of doing all that  would be required at home, cooking and caring for
Judy. I had asked George  West, our neighbor, to find someone for us, but he
was having difficulty and  it looked like I might be on my own for a day or
two. I was concerned, but not  anxious. In fact, I have had no anxiety
since the gallbladder attack. I'm  living in a strange equanimity.

Now to Dianne's situation. Dianne was  working at Imanta for three years,
the high-scale resort just to the north of  us, very exclusive and very
expensive. She was the supervisor for the  housekeepers. A pretty good job. Two
weeks ago she quit, it was just not for  her. The big boss, Mario, yelled all
the time, and she was the only one who  would stand up to him. So she quit.
They asked her to come back, but she  refused. Now the family had no income
as her husband, a carpenter, had no  work. She told me that she rarely does
this, but last Sunday she got her Bible  and asked God to please help her
find work.

Enter Candi, our great  repair and maintenance man who picked Judy and I up
at the airport last  Tuesday. I was telling him how we needed someone and
how George was having  trouble finding anyone. He said, "I think I know
someone who might do it". He  delivered us home, I unpacked and just sat down
exhausted, wondering how I  would cook breakfast the next day and get Judy
ready. Here comes Candi with  Dianne in tow. We met, I told her what I needed,
we talked price for six days,  five hours per day of care and she said "I'll
be here tomorrow."

Now  not only can Dianne cook and care for Judy, she has background in
geriatric  care and some nursing training. She can do PT with Judy. I was going
to hire  someone to come once a week for an hour. Now Judy can get it
everyday. I was  going to hire someone to come and give Judy a massage once every
two weeks.  Dianne can give them weekly, especially the feet. She loves to
clean and this  house will have never been so clean. Sleeping in the bed is
fantastic as she  makes it up like a hotel so you sleep each night in a tight
wonderful place. I  forgot to say she was born and raised in San Antonio
for her first 30 years,  English is no problem!

But there is more. She can stay overnight and  care for Judy if I ever have
to leave, like to go to India or the States. She  would stay for two weeks
or more if necessary. Her son was in the youth  program that Nick and Josh
did and so she is ready to work with them to make  sure things continue to
happen. She could cook our meals when we meet for our  community annual
meeting, or if there is a group here. I just want to find  some work she can do in
the afternoon so that she has full employment. But she  loves Judy and we
love her!

So this is what can happen when two prayers  meet.

Grace &  Peace,

Jack

OE  mailing  list
OE at lists.wedgeblade.net