[Oe List ...] Latest on Jack

Gordon Harper gharper1 at mindspring.com
Wed Sep 4 19:41:49 PDT 2013

Better news: cardiologist has confirmed not only that Jack has a heart
but that it is functioning properly--no hindrance there to having the
gall bladder operation.  Pancreas still inflamed, however (possibly due
to the gall stones, although there's apparently no blockage), so they
are waiting a few days in hopes of it getting better before doing the
surgery.  That is currently scheduled for next Tuesday.

Jack has high praise for his intended surgeon, whom he's now met and
talked with.  He's been able to sleep again, which makes a world of
difference. He's still experiencing a good deal of discomfort, but not
real pain.  Judy's doing well.

A bit more banter in our conversation tonight: good sign, I think --

Gordon