[Oe List ...] ICA Zimbabwe HIV/AIDS-Dec. 3

Lynda Cock llc860 at triad.rr.com
Mon Nov 25 05:11:58 PST 2013

The UMC that I grew up in has contributed $1000 from my father's
designated-for-missions part of his estate to the church.  Unfortunately, it
was sent just weeks before we got word of the doubling.  However, if every
UMC congregation represented on this list serve would rally $500 which would
be doubled into $1000, we could cover that budgeted amount for the Zimbabwe
HIV/AIDs account and more.

Thank you, Richard, for your leadership in this project and to OliveAnn and
Jim for their follow-up.  Heed OliveAnn's words below and call early before
the doubling cap
is reached.

We also give thanks for the work of Louise and John Singleton, Sandra and
Bob True, and many others who have worked diligently on this project through
the years.  As you may recall, we have two grandchildren adopted from
Ethiopia's crowded orphanages making us very aware of the scourge of
HIV/AIDS all across Africa's poorest countries. Programs such as this one
have high potential for being replicated.

With care and gratitude,

Lynda and John

  _____