[Oe List ...] ST Nov. 21 from Jaime

LAURELCG at aol.com LAURELCG at aol.com
Mon Nov 18 12:05:33 PST 2013

Thank you, Jaime. I grew up in west Texas and had already migrated to
California by Nov. 23, 1963. Fred and I had recently moved into a new home,
built by a contractor who was a member of the John Birch Society. When the news
 of the assassination first broke, everyone assumed the assassin was a
right-wing nut. I heard the contractor haranguing his workers next door as they
 took their lunch break. "They should find the person who did this and give
him a  medal!" His story changed when it turned out the assassin had lived
in the land of dreaded communism.

I was struck, Jaime, by your apology to us "girls" in the third  paragraph.
I would love to start a conversation on this list about the Divine
Feminine. With a Catholic background, you probably encountered Her  early on. When
I was asked in a class with Starhawk in 1989, and she  asked, "When did you
first encounter God as a woman?", the only thing I  could think of was an
E.I Academy class in 1970, when we studied a paper  by St. Theresa of Avila.
She wrote to nuns in the language that  sounded like the King James version
of the Bible. She wasn't speaking of the  Divinity as female, but just the
fact that she used the pronouns "she"  and "her" in religious-sounding
language sent me into uncontrollable tears.  It was the first time that I felt I
was being  addressed as a full human being, though it took many years for me
to work out  why I cried so.

It seems to me She is coming back in power at this time. Does anyone  else
see it?

Blessings on your good work, Jaime,

Jann McGuire
D.Min, University of Creation Spirituality, 2002

In a message dated 11/16/2013 3:35:43 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,