[Oe List ...] Fwd: Religion? Next Christianity??

Ken Fisher wanaki at frontenac.net
Tue Nov 26 07:27:00 PST 2013

Begin forwarded message:

From: Gene Marshall <jgmarshall at cableone.net>
Date: November 26, 2013 10:25:17 AM EST
To: Gene Marshall <jgmarshall at cableone.net>
Subject: Religion? Next Christianity??

Dear Friends,

I have selected you for this mailing because of our conversations and relationships having to do with creating a Next Christian Practice that works for many people who want to live realistically in this century.

To this end I have been writing books that seem to me crucial background for supporting this possibility.  My last two books, still awaiting publication, are of special importance to me.

I want to share with you our new web side, and especially a video of a talk I gave at a workshop on the Philosophy of Truth, Consciousness, Wonder, and Religion.  This well-made video (thank you Maryellen Greulich) was made of the first talk of a workshop I conducted in Bloomington, Indiana.

You can access it by going to our website – http://www.RealisticLiving.org – and then click Videos   and then scroll down to the next to last video.  Clicking this video box starts a 36-minute talk.  This talk was part of a 9am to 4pm workshop in which I led talks and exercises on the topics of my recent Book:

The Enigma of Consciosness: A Philosophy of Profound Humanness and Religion.

This book is still in process of being published, but drafts of its chapters are up on our website for feedback purposes:

http://www.RealisticLiving.org/PDF/Enigma/   All these chapters have been updated in the last month.

You are welcome to download any of the draft chapters of this book and make feedback on them.  I hope to see a final draft published in 2014.

Also, I have finished an even more recent book:

The Love and History and the Future of Christianity: Toward a Manifesto for a Next Christianity

While Enigma is a general philosophy of religion, this book is more directly on the topic of a Next Christian Practice.  You can also download advanced drafts of chapters of this book:

http://www.RealisticLiving.org/PDF/History/

I am inviting you not only to read portions of these writings and provide feedback for their improvement, I am inviting you to long-term conversation about these topics and assistance in figuring out how hundreds of leaders can be inspired to put into history a strong example of a Next Christian practice.

Grace and Peace (transformative happenings and boundless equanimity),

 Gene