[Oe List ...] FWD: Calling BS on BS

Del Morril delhmor at wamail.net
Sat May 25 12:24:41 PDT 2013

For those interested: THE OTHER BIBLE now is in paperback form, put out by
Harper & Row.  Compiled and edited by Willis Barnstone, and copyrighted in
1984, it contains the following ancient esoteric texts that include the
Jewish Pseudepigrapha, Christian Apocrypha, Gnostic Scriptures, the Kabala
and the Dead Sea Scrolls. It has various creation myths, Gnostic "gospels,'
histories and narratives.  About four of the writings are translations of
some Dead Sea Scrolls (The largest number of DS scrolls are as yet to be put
together and translated.)  Unless there is a more recent addition, this book
does not include the more recently discovered Gospel of Mary (Magdalene).
When I began to read it, I found it helpful to remember that Barnstone is a
male, and falls into the usual trap operating out of old male language and
assumptions.  His introductions and translations reflect this. I did my best
to stay focused on what the content was revealing, and what was dropped from
the testaments we know today.

Below is what my friend Rick passed on to me and that I feel is a must-read
recent commencement address to the graduates of Pitzer College in Claremont,
California.  Hope you appreciate it as much as I did.

Peace to all,

Del

Check this out:
http://ow.ly/liRB1