[Oe List ...] In memory of Peter Adams Whitney

Marilyn Crocker marilyncrocker at juno.com
Tue May 21 20:36:43 PDT 2013

Dear Colleagues,

Over the years we have often gathered in our loving virtual community to
celebrate the completed lives of those of us in Phases 3 or 4, but seldom to
acknowledge with remembrance and respect the completed lives of our
children.

One such fine young man is Peter Whitney (48), wife of Carol; father of Maya
(16) and Joleil (12); and son of Ken and Clare Whitney.

Peter passed away on May 4, 2013 after a year of courageous "standing forth"
before metastatic cancer and many hope-filled and well-intentioned
interventions by the best medical personnel available.

Pete was deeply loved --in his immediate community of northern Vermont, but
also by his "second-generation" community whose many friends accompanied him
for many months on his journey, with their presence, prayers and promises of
possibility.

As life-long friends of Pete's parents, Joe and I want to invite you to
Remember Pete.

Joe, I and our son Ben have for nearly a year worn the red bracelet
imprinted with "Team Pete."  We were reluctant to take it off, as Pete
represented so much more for all of us. Only on Epiphany Sunday when our
grandson Daniel was Confirmed did we remind Ben that Peter had passed.
But.. Ben still wears the bracelet, Team Pete, as does his Dad.

Please consider doing what we have done to continue to remember Peter -and
make a generous donation to the Whitney Family College Fund c/o Carol Moore
Whitney, 74 Orchard Road, East Burke, VT 05832.

Grace and peace,

Marilyn and Joe

Marilyn R. Crocker, Ed.D

123 Sanborn Rd