[Oe List ...] ICA GreenRise Uptown Building

Sunny Walker sunwalker at comcast.net
Sat Mar 9 09:59:40 PST 2013

What a long and arduous journey from the eighty's and the reading of Voluntary Simplicity by Duane Elgin. Back when in-kinded styrofoam meant coffee for a group without dish duty.

I'd like to add the nearly 100 Chicago "gangsta" & African & Iraqi refugee youth who, in the summer of 2009, complained all the way to a butterfly garden in the parking lot, went office to office in Kemper & around Uptown doing a "how green are you?" survey. They suffered further punishment having to re-sort garbage from compost from recycling when they unconsciously tossed the remains of breakfast or lunch into one bin-though I imagine the categories stuck. (As an aside, many also wrote better ORID conversations than some of the adults I've trained.)

Kudos to all who, over the years & of late, have maintained "the building"  as a sign of HOPE.