[Oe List ...] ICA GreenRise Uptown Building

PSchrijnen at aol.com PSchrijnen at aol.com
Sat Mar 9 06:50:12 PST 2013

Congratulations Terry to you and all involved....

Best wishes,

Paul

Paul Schrijnen
13 Bloemfontein Avenue
London W12 7BJ
+44  7973 206 766
skype: paulus.schrijnen

bergdall2 at gmail.com writes:

On Wednesday, Lesley Showers, ICA-USA's Facilities  Manager, and I attended
an event where the Mayor marked the expansion of the  City's Chicago
Retrofit Commercial Building Initiative. The "ICA GreenRise  Uptown Building" --
which some of you remember it as "Kemper" -- received  official recognition
(see link below). A full page ad in Chicago newspapers  showcases GreenRise
with the other buildings (see attached).
_http://www.cityofchicago.org/city/en/depts/mayor/press_room/press_releases/2013/march_2013/mayor_emanuel_announ
cesretrofitchicagocommercialbuildingsinitiat.html_
(http://www.cityofchicago.org/city/en/depts/mayor/press_room/press_releases/2013/march_2013/mayor_ema
nuel_announcesretrofitchicagocommercialbuildingsinitiat.html)
The significance of this multifold. First, it opens  the door for pro bono
assistance organized by the City to support our efforts  to build a green
culture at 4750. This includes the creation of a major  monitoring system for
the upcoming solar project on our roof. They understand  GreenRise to be a
pilot for other nonprofits. Second, this occurred largely  because of the
reinforcing strategies of our city-wide neighborhood work with  "Accelerate 77"
and our leadership development program with universities. As I  think many
of you know, over 220 students were involved last year in the doing  the
crucial field work for A77. (If this is news to anyone, let me know I'll
elaborate.)
The synergy of GreenRise, Accelerate 77, and  university partnerships
advance our strategy of becoming a high profile,  reputable, nonprofit player in
our hometown of Chicago. This is crucial for  building a durable
institutional home so that national and international  programs of transformative
change can continue far into the future. Nothing  less, of course, is worthy of
our history.
Take care, Terry

OE  mailing  list
OE at lists.wedgeblade.net