[Oe List ...] Some thoughts about the future

Marilyn Crocker marilyncrocker at juno.com
Tue Jun 25 17:58:28 PDT 2013

Hi Tim, and all others whose objective, reflective, interpretive and
decisional juices have begun to flow around the provocative topic (s) Herman
has introduced,

I would love a way that I might easily tune into, follow and contribute to
conversation threads of substance among us.

I appreciate, but find distracting, one-liners from bunches of us over days
and weeks that just say things like, "I agree"  or "Thanks so much" or
"Here, here!"  I know I have been guilty of that easily-available means of
affirmation or protest in the past.

However, now as I write this, I guess that is the reason Facebook might have
created the "Like" or "Unlike" or whatever other categories - which also
annoy me because such responses never ground the "Like" or "Unlike" with the
kind of rich texture we long for in a deep conversation as community.

Tim, and other tech-savvy,  21st century communication gurus in our extended
family - what platform (is that even the right term?) or interactive dynamic
synaptic connectivity ) might we think about using to "wire our global
community's brain" in meaningful, deep conversation?

Thanks for your generous offer of support, and your ever unfolding
expertise!

Marilyn

Marilyn R. Crocker, Ed.D

123 Sanborn Rd