[Oe List ...] Help with a Song

Marge Philbrook msphilbrook at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 19:25:50 PDT 2013

*GOD*

*Tune: Blowing in the Wind *

It is God that is always driving man to care about the coming day.

And yet God is the mystery who takes each man's security away.

It is God that makes man seek happiness. but does not allow his joy to
stay.

It is God who gives every man his life, and God who takes his life away.

It is God that drives man to search for love, and yet man is constantly
pursued.

By that force which finally casts each one out into loneliness and
solitude.

It is God that drives man to knowledge and truth, but always denies him
certitude.

It is God who drives every man his life, and God who takes his life away.

It is God that gives the desire to achieve, and yet death leaves man's work
undone.

It is God that summons man to do good, and neglect his duty to none.

And yet God is the voice that pronounces guilt, for man's war with self is
never won.