[Oe List ...] The Completed Life and Death of Antonio "Tony" PerryElizondo

Susan Fertig susan at gmdtech.com
Sat Jun 8 08:10:45 PDT 2013

Jon, As I was reading your message, I glanced out the 10th floor window
of my condo and saw a Mourning Dove gracefully gliding on wind currents
over the open, green space below. I realized that I often think of birds
always flying with purpose, as in watching for worms or snatching
nesting material, and I don't think of them just "enjoying" flight. But
here was so clearly a "purpose" of enjoyment, as the Dove moved
languidly back and forth, up and around and down, only exercising its
wings briefly now and then to keep catching the currents of air. I was
struck by the freedom from toil and the soaring of spirit that comes in
death, and I was soothed.  I didn't know Tony and Ellery very well, but
when she was alive, Ellery and I corresponded and shared our stories of
the Philippines and swapped books about our families in the war there. I
miss her, and I'm saddened now by Tony's departure. Blessings on you and
Debra.

Susan

Susan Fertig-Dykes
(personal email account)

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is
the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1 ESV