[Oe List ...] Archives Sojourn Report Spring 2013

Jack Gilles jackcgilles at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 07:04:56 PDT 2013

Sherwood,

Funny you should suggest this. The Archive Team has already started with the first ones being two of the ICA's current programs, Accelerate 77 and the Service Learning Project. Both will have their own Archive collection web page as well as their own web page. We want a place to include the background work and document how the program unfolds. For our Fall sojourn we are going to work on at least two more; The ToP program and the GreenRise Project that will document the "greening" of 4750.

But what would be great if to do what you suggest. Getting our colleagues who are doing new iterations of our programs and methods to document their work for inclusion in the archives is right on target. Perhaps the way to start would be to compile a list of what people are currently doing and then see if there are duplicates/similar ones that could be combined into a single collection.

We will soon be getting out the dates and focus arenas for the Fall Sojourn gathering, as well as a model for leading toward a GRA next summer. This is rapidly becoming an active Research arm of the ICA. We need everyone's support and we hope lots of people will come for one or two weeks this next September.

Jack