[Oe List ...] Singing Revolution

Jaime R Vergara svesjaime at aol.com
Sat Jun 1 16:17:33 PDT 2013

Mary Ann, thanks.  (Ditto for Jann, et al).  More than one set is better!  So anyone in the listserv wanting to recycle their archives of songs and speeches, I will find ways to use them.

"Listen-Repeat" is the foundational skill I use to teach Oral English.  CDs are excellent sources of singable lyrics and recorded speeches; the tunes are often familiar to the Chinese audience.  I include the lyrics into their expanding notebook, and the convert the CD cuts into MP3 since they seem to be all wired.  So, if you have CDs to spare as well, send them to the Hawaii address and they will be used in the Fall semester.

If you can part with DVD English movies (spoken or dubbed), I can establish an Oral English library by the time I exit the teaching profession in two years!

j'aime la vie

Yesterday, appreciate; tomorrow, anticipate; today, participate. In all, Celebrate!