[Oe List ...] Ruth Carter Story

Janice Ulangca aulangca at stny.rr.com
Wed Jul 31 07:22:11 PDT 2013

Alice, the memories you shared, as well as those from Lela Jahn, are just terrific.  Get her attachment on her message sent  yesterday (July 30 9:31 p.m.).  Wise ones say that history is changed by the stories we tell - and that the  narrative we develop is incredibly important.

You gave a picture of the real situation in Fifth City, and how many difficult steps Ruth had to climb to do what she did.  How could Fifth City become the kind of symbol it did without that kind of love, patience, sheer grit - and oh yes, imagination!  Who around the world today could completely give up due to their desperate situation with that kind of example that really happened.   Kudos to all who worked with her as well, both from the community and the white folks from EI who jumped in to try to give understanding and support.  And thanks for the wonderful picture of Ruth.

Thanks to all who have memories to share about key happenings in EI/O:E/ICA efforts.  You didn't have time when all was exploding around you - but now perhaps you do - with added perspective from what you've learned since.  So perhaps it's time to share what you know - and only you know.

Re Russ Campbell:  See Kaze (Kaye Hayes) interview on Michael May's Storywarrior site for good accounts of her work with Russ in Australia.  And much more.

http://www.storywarrior.net/public/video/categorized.aspx?t1=3&t2=4&t3=59

Great depth questions, great interviews with EI colleagues - and others - on the storywarrior site.

Janice Ulangca