[Oe List ...] Joe Thomas's progress

Doris Hahn dshahn31 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 07:46:05 PDT 2013

On Sunday, Joe Thomas returned home from the hospital where he had lung
surgery. Pat Moriarty went to Mobile for a few days to help Joe through his
first days back home. Pat asked me to forward this to Joe's many colleagues.
Doris Hahn

Dear Colleagues,

I am reporting in from Mobile Alabama from Joe's condo.

Joe is in great spirits and as come through his surgery with flying colors.
He is already up and about, we have just returned from the store with a
coffee stop at Starbucks.

To be sure this operation, having removed one third of his right lung, was
no cake walk.

He said, "I thought I had a rock for an uncle; maybe it was that I had a
rock, that made me scream 'uncle'."

I have been reminded on seeing Joe that a more indefatigable spirit does
not walk the planet. Besides having a smile that has lit up a thousand
rooms he has the constitution of a Bull Moose.

Joe is one tough cookie.

I met Joe in my Junior year in college 43 years ago on the campus of the a
University of Washington (remember 222?). That commenced a friendship that
has taken us on a journey that has matched anything JRR Tolkien wrote about
in the Lord of the Rings, Joe and I have been to Mordor and back on more
than one occasion, and in so doing, discovered the true meaning of
friendship and full fellowship.

Joe has travelled with many and therefore there are many who have been
touched by his's unique and uncanny ability to share the depth of himself
with them

His phone has been ringing off the hook.

So I report that from my vantage point in Mobile Joe is doing remarkably
well even though he is experiencing a fair amount of pain.

He does love getting your email messages and his heart is filled with
gratitude for your love and support. His email is jrthomas42 at aol.com.

Affectionately,

Pat