[Oe List ...] Reported death of Mary Woodbury

Jim & OliveAnn Slotta slottaglobalnews at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 24 11:49:29 PST 2013

In a conversation yesterday with our son Jim, who is a friend of Ian
Woodbury, we were made aware of the sudden death of Ian's mother,
Mary, from Edmonton.  Subsequently, we found this obituary and felt
that the order ecumenical would want to be aware.

Jim and OliveAnn Slotta in Denver

WOODBURY, Mary
Mary Ann Woodbury, 77, of Edmonton, passed away suddenly on Saturday,
January 19, 2013.
She was born in May 1935 to Grace and George Harker in Toronto, Ontario.
Mary is survived by her loving husband of 56 years, Clair Woodbury.
They were married in Kingston, Ontario in May 1957. She is also
remembered by her four sons and their wives, and eight grandchildren.
Originally from Ontario, Mary lived in Newfoundland, New York, and
Italy before moving to Edmonton in the late 1970's.
Mary was an accomplished author of a number of best-selling books for
young people plus several adult books. She was a fixture of the
Alberta literary scene for decades and was one of seven Alberta women
named as a Mistress of the Modern in 2012 for her lifetime of
achievements.
A Memorial Service will be held at St. Andrew's United Church, 9915 -
148 Street. Edmonton on Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 2:00 p.m.
To send condolences, please visit:
www.fostermcgarvey.com