[Oe List ...] Oops!

W. J. synergi at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 29 09:31:32 PST 2013

Oops! Sometimes we used to go to press without careful proofreading.
Bill, it should be 'Richard' throughout, not occasionally 'Robert'.
Of course I was the guy responsible for the infamous typo 'Kong Hong' in headline of an issue of i.e. that had to be trashed AFTER thousands of copies were printed.
Don Cramer was doing an all-nighter on the press and just couldn't see straight, let alone see an obvious typo. Thinking of the enormous cost of a reprint, he said, 'Couldn't we just let that go through?' JWM just shook his head and said we had to do it over. So we did. And I didn't get fired.
Too bad we couldn't recycle that stack of useless copies as toilet paper.
Marshall, still proofreading @ age 73.