[Oe List ...] Dec. 3, Giving Tuesday-Reminder for ONLINE giving- from Lynda

Lynda Cock llc860 at triad.rr.com
Mon Dec 2 18:47:30 PST 2013

 Remind your Methodist friends.  This is a letter I sent to some of my
Methodist connections.  It also keeps ICA in their minds.

 Dear Friends and Family,

If your mail box is like mine and has been filled with ads for Black Friday
and Cyber Monday, it seems in keeping with the Reason for the
Season that we should also focus attention on Giving Tuesday.  The United
Methodist Church's Advanced Specials is an avenue to do that.

One of the Advanced Specials that John and I have direct connection with is
the Zimbabwe HIV/AIDS program, a program initiated by and
developed by colleagues from the Institute of Cultural Affairs, the
organization that we continue to work with.  First Methodist, Cleveland, has
photos and more detailed descriptions of the project visits made by
colleagues this past summer.  I would be willing to give a program at your
church to a circle
or Sunday School class on this work sometime in the future as my back
permits more travel.  This program is approved from 2013-2015.

"The United Methodist Board of Global Ministries is participating in UMC
<http://www.umcmission.org/Learn-About-Us/News-and-Stories/2013/October/1015
-UMC-GivingTuesday-Promises-to-Multiply-Impact>  #GivingTuesday on December
3, 2013. Gifts made online through The Advance on UMC #GivingTuesday will be
matched dollar for dollar, meaning that 200 percent of every donation
through your Advance number on December 3 will directly go to impact the
ministry."

Please take a few minutes to consider a gift, large or small, whose value
will be increased by this generous doubling.  Help Zimbabwe to begin to deal
with this massive
epidemic that has cost their country so heavily with infant mortalities,
premature deaths of millions of women and men, and the highest number of
orphans in the world
in proportion to a country its size.

Go to the website and designate  "Zimbabwe HIV-AIDS" project.  The Advance #
for this project  is  3021529.

Gifts may be designated as honor or memorial gifts.  Donations may be made
from midnight tonight until midnight tomorrow night.  A  gift from Dad's
estate to the FUMC in Cleveland, TN went toward this mission project .

http://www.umcmission.org/Give-to-Mission/Search-for-Projects/Advance-Projec
t-Search

Contact me if you have questions.

Sincerely,