[Oe List ...] Passing of Joyce Townley

Ken Fisher hkf232 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 12:20:18 PDT 2013

Anne,

My condolences to you and the Townley family.

On my very first visit to the West Side, Joyce took me around the facilities.  In the basement, I watched her use a hoist lift to move garbage up to street level.  I can see her in a colorful pastel outfit, moving with absolute grace and determination.  It was awesome to see this debonair, charming, beautiful suburbanite, be so calm and effective in that environment.  This was in December of '67 when I came from Kingston, Ontario to attend an SDS conference in Chicago.  Two/three years later, I was, from time to time, Joyce's 'second' teacher to her 'first' - teaching RS1.  I particularly remember a fine course in Holland, Michigan.  She was so good.

Big hugs for you all,

Ken Fisher

Ken Fisher
1070 Elizabeth Street  Box 75