[Oe List ...] NASA software developer moves on ...

Ruth Landmann tddynewf at cruzio.com
Sat Sep 29 19:30:32 PDT 2012

Tim, your story is a story of how connected we all are! I'd forgotten
about those of you at the Houston House and the connection with NASA!

In 1988 I was one of 20 teachers selected to attend the first of
NASA's Educational Workshops for Elementary School Teachers at KSC in
Florida. We were there for the Roll Over of shuttle Discovery for its
first mission after the Challenger disaster. It was a very emotional
experience for the hundreds of workers who were there, and it was
extremely exciting for us teachers. Barbara Morgan, the teacher who
was the back-up to Christa, who died in the Challenger explosion, was
with us for most of our time at KSC. She eventually became an
astronaut and the first teacher in space a few years ago.

The fall of 1988, I was amongst the educators invited to attend a
special workshop for teachers in Southern California that coincided
with the landing of the Discovery after it's first flight following
the Challenger. That was an amazing experience.

  A few days ago on September 21st we had the fly over of the Endeavor
piggybacked on its 747 on the way to Los Angeles. I missed seeeing it
flying right over this area, but many of my friends saw it, and lots
of pictures were posted of it flying over Santa Cruz and the Monterey
Bay.

Enjoy your retirement! I'm glad to know that a colleague was involved
with the space shuttle program!

Ruth Landmann