[Oe List ...] [Dialogue] The old Order passing away

PSchrijnen at aol.com PSchrijnen at aol.com
Wed Sep 26 23:10:08 PDT 2012

Susan,

I like the paragraph underneath your signature.

It speaks of the deep values you hold and what you hope for society.

thanks,

Paul

In a message dated 27/09/2012 06:05:56 GMT Daylight Time, susan at gmdtech.com
 writes:

Jann,  I sent an email a few days ago referencing the book you’re talking
about—Ellery had loaned it to me and I was wishing I had made a copy of it
before returning it to her, because it is not available from any source.
Jon, do you remember the name of it?  The cover was black and red, and I
believe the title was something about betrayal.  Jann, you’re right, they  did
not get out right away.  They were on the island of Mindanao, and my
parents were on the island of Panay, where I was born in ’44 after my mother  had
been in hiding in the jungle for several years.  I believe Ellery got  out
by submarine on the USS Narwhal in ’43.  We got out by submarine when  I was
3 months old the following year and then went back right after the war  (I
grew up in the Philippines). Ellery might have known another girl from
Mindanao who has just written a book about her parents’ and her own WWII
experience, called Guerrilla Daughter (the author, Ginger Hanson  Holmes, is a
close friend of mine; her dad and teen age brothers served in the  Mindanao
guerrillas under my uncle, Wendell Fertig).
The  game you are talking about is actually a Philippine folk dance called
Tinikling.  It is patterned after the movements of the  Tikling bird as its
long legs move in and out of fish traps in the  water.

Susan
We  have staked the whole future of American civilization, not upon the
power of  government, far from it. We've staked the future of all our political
 institutions upon our capacity... to sustain ourselves according to the
Ten  Commandments of God. (James Madison, 1778 to the General Assembly of the
State  of Virginia)