[Oe List ...] Carol Pierce

Richard Alton dick_alton at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 21 06:05:37 PDT 2012

Carol
 Pierce was my neighbor
at 4750 when I moved in about 2004. I had very little and especially did not
have a TV. Carol would invite me over to chat and watch sports which were
really important to me. One day she just gave me a key to her room, She said
Dick, “I go to bed early and many of the sports are late, so just come in at
any time”. I was amazed

Sort of how I remember Carol:
a great sense of sharing life rather than trying to hoard it. My daughters just
came back from Burning Man (let’s call it a retreat center) and they sent me
the Center’s 5 principles. The one I liked and resonated as Carol’s gift is
“Expect more from strangers”. Carol expected a lot not only from strangers but
from her friends

Her life was deeply
appreciated.

Dick

Richard H.T. Alton 166 N. Humphrey Ave, Apt, 1N
Oak Park, IL 60302
T:1.773.344.7172
richard.alton at gmail.com

Don't let the fear of striking out hold you back
   Babe Ruth