[Oe List ...] Edith (Ellery) Adele McKinley Elizondo

Susan Fertig susan at gmdtech.com
Thu Sep 20 12:31:46 PDT 2012

Jon, my prayers are with you.  I only met Ellery once, at Centrum sometime
in the last decade, but we corresponded for some time about WWII in the
Philippines and the books about our families during that time.  She loaned
me the book about her family during the war, which is not possible to find
now and I'm so sorry I didn't find a way to photocopy it before returning it
to her.  And I think I sent her Guerrilla Wife, which is about my parents on
Panay and my birth there right after the Hopevale massacre.  I've often
wondered in recent years how she was doing-when I met her she knew she had
Alzheimers, and when she and I went to lunch together nearby we talked about
it (my mother in law was experiencing it at that same time).  I thought her
a lovely woman, and I'm glad to have known her.  I doubt I can make the
memorial, but please do send information on it-I'd like to be remembering
her at that time.

Susan